Read about my minimums, service style, travel fees, gratuity, and cancellation policy….
- “Outside Food” While I appreciate that your guests may want to bring a gourmet gift to your dinner, or your mother-in-law may want to prepare her signature dish, I maintain a strict “No outside food” policy at all my events, as this is a matter of food safety and brand perception (i.e. your guests do not know who has prepared what dishes, so all the food quality reflects back on the Una Señorita brand). My highest priority, as I am sure is yours, to make sure your guests have only the best possible food!.
- Mission local (zipcode 94110) special minimum pricing is $500/weeknights (M-Th) for a 3-course dinner for up to 5 guests, a 5-course dinner for up to 4 guests or a 6-7 course dinner for 2. Call for last-minute weekend availability. 415-716-8442
- Minimums: $650/weeknights (M-Th) for a 5-6 course dinner for up to 5 guests or $850 weekends for up to 7 guests. Holidays and 3-day weekends minimum $1000.
- Gratuity- please note that an 18% gratuity will be added to your bill. Additional gratuity is at the discretion of the host/ess
- Service Style and Servers: I serve plated (restaurant-style) and family-style dinners/luncheons and brunches, passed and appetizer stations for cocktail parties and attended buffets for larger events depending upon menu. A server is added for all events of 6+ guests for a 3-course dinner and/or 4+ guests for a 4-6 course dinner. Servers are an additional charge of $175/ea. A 2nd server is added for dinner of 12+ guests. A Sous Chef may be required, depending upon your menu ($200).
- Cancellations: a 50% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to hold your event date. If you need to cancel your event more than 30 days from the event date, this deposit may be applied to a future event. Restrictions apply.
- The following is an addendum to your catering agreement, and by signing you are stipulating your acknowledgment of and agreement with :
KITCHEN AND BBQ
(Special note for rental/vacation homes: due to high usage of rentals it is important to clarify the cleanness of the service area and workspaces in advance as to not incur additional staffing or cleaning charges. Make sure the homeowner or rental agent is aware that these changes may kick in and that you will pass on to them, if 1,2, 4 and 5 below are not met)
- Dishes and dishwasher: dishwasher should be empty (and working– if your dishwasher is NOT working please let us know as we will need to hire a person to wash dishes by hand). If you have any china that you are planning to use that cannot go into the dishwasher, we will need to know and have someone available to wash dishes. In the event that we are not notified in advance that dishes/silver require handwashing, a charge of $1/piece applies.
- IF ANY of your kitchen surfaces including stove top, floors, counters) require ANY special care or cleaning, please inform us immediately. We are NOT RESPONSIBLE for any damage if you do not let us know what we need to do to protect your surfaces. All kitchen surfaces should be made available, so as much as possible, store your small appliances and kitchen decor. For plated dinners, especially for larger crowds (more than 8-10) you may want to make an extra space available for plating. In some cases, this may even mean renting a table.
- Make some space available in your refrigerator (more space will be needed if you have extreme perishables on the menu, like seafood).
- BBQ grill (if appropriate to the menu) will need to provided by a party rental provider. Unfortunately, we are unable to use any grills on the premises as our experience has shown that these may cook unevenly.
- Provide large garbage bags, make sure your receptacles are not too full to receive the refuse from your event. We strongly prefer to have: recycling/compost/garbage.
RENTALS, GLASSWARE & BAR & COCKTAIL NAPKINS
6. If your event is a sit-down dinner, you will need glasses for the table (water and wine) as well bar glasses and/or wine glasses if you are having a cocktail hour, or champagne glasses if there is a toast. You should figure 2 glasses per guest for the bar. Due to breakage liability, we regret we cannot wash your crystal or wine glasses.
7. You are responsible to provide cocktail napkins and ice, one bag of ice per each ten guests is recommended (plus additional ice for cooling if you are having beer, soft drinks and/or white wine).
8. It is best to either have water pitchers for the tables or provide bottled water.
9. In some cases, it’s most convenient if we leave some of our rental items with you for pick up within a couple of days, for example, if your guests are still sitting at the dinner table, we don’t like to remove the tablecloths, or if they are still drinking, we may offer to leave behind the glasses. These items then become YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, until pick-up. If, for any reason, these items are not there when we come to pick them up, you will be asked to pay for replacements.
DON’T SURPRISE THE CHEF! (GUEST COUNT & OVERTIME CHARGES)
10. In most cases, the event duration as stated in your contract is based on the average time required to set-up, cook/serve and clean-up for your particular menu, service style and party size, plus your stated expectation of how long your party will last. Overtime charges may apply when the stated event duration, which is specified in your Catering Agreement, is exceeded. This is particularly common when guests arrive much later than anticipated and service is delayed. While this doesn’t mean you need to impress upon your guests that they arrive on time, it does mean that you communicate clearly with us. After all, you know the crowd!
11. A. If there are additional people who need to eat (i.e. your musicians, your babysitter) please advise us in advance and we will gladly increase your guest count.
B. If the actual number of guests at your event exceeds what is stated in your contract, you will be charged for those additional guests (even if no additional food is prepared). A minimum guest count policy is in effect, which means you will be charged for the number of guests in your contract even if they do not all show up.
C. If your guest count INCREASES less than 72 hours prior to your event, we are happy to add your additional guests and provide additional food, rentals and if required and available, additional service staff, so please do let us know. There is a 20% upcharge, in addition to the per person charge, for these last minute guests.
D. We work with a guaranteed minimum count: If your guest count DECREASES less than 5 days prior to your event, or the number of guests who attend is less than your contract, you will be charged based on the guest count in your contract when final payment was charged (5 days prior to your event).
PETS AND GUEST TRAFFIC THROUGH THE KITCHEN
12. We all love dogs, but not in the kitchen. For the safety of your pets (there’s hot stuff goin’ on in there) and catering staff, it’s best if you can keep your best friend elsewhere during your dinner party or catered event.
13. Although it may seem obvious to you, it may not be to some of your guests, especially if they are friends and family accustomed to making themselves at home in your kitchen; it’s not ideal to have guests opening the refrigerator to look for beverages, trying to be helpful by serving themselves seconds, or looking for a snack. Catering staff is there to attend to your guests’ every need and are happy to do so. A little extra planning (like having a cooler full of bottled water somewhere where people can easily help themselves) goes a long way towards preventing kitchen accidents.
14. We donate leftover food to FoodRunners, feeding San Francisco’s homeless. It is usual that some munchies will be left for late night dining (these don’t qualify as leftovers). If some of your guests are “no-shows” we will donate their meal portions unless you request otherwise.
15. 50% of event total is a non-refundable deposit to hold your date. So we don’t need to need to bother you with final payment at the end of the night when you are with your guests and enjoying your 3rd glass of wine, we require payment of your full balance upon arrival, or, if paying by check, five days in advance of your event date. Gratuity is due at the end of the evening, after service is complete.